ABE - Helping People in Illinois Lead Healthy and Independent Lives
Comprehensive Guide from the Citizens Utility Board for Utility, Cable, Internet and Phone Service During COVID-19
- Emergency Housing and Shelter Services
March 31, 2022 - ComEd Reminds Customers of Enhanced and More Flexible Assistance Options Available to Help Pay Electric Bills
Tips to Avoid COVID-19 Related Energy Scams
Community Partners for Affordable Housing (CPAH) – or call (847) 263-7478
Local resource for many housing related programs:
- Home Accessibility Program (HAP). Grants to help make improvements to a home to prevent premature or unnecessary displacement of the elderly and people with disabilities.
- Tenant / Rental Programs. CPAH can provide advice and help connect you with legal help.
ComEd - Staying Safe and Keeping the Lights On
As the economy reopens, ComEd understands some of you may continue to experience financial hardship. We can help find a financial assistance solution that’s right for you.
- Small Business Assistance Program. The Small Business Assistance Program provides eligible small business customers, with a one-time grant up to $2,000 towards a past due balance. Eligible customers may also place a remaining balance into a payment plan of up to six months. To apply for the Small Business Assistance Program, please call 1-877-4-COMED-1 (1-877-426-6331). www.ComEd.com
- Help for our Small Businesses. ComEd announces a new program to help small businesses struggling during the pandemic. The release with the information links can be found at Small-Business Assistance Programs offers one-time grants and flexible payment options.
- ComEd CARE Customer Hardship Grants. Residential customers facing financial hardship may be eligible to receive one-time CARE grants from ComEd to help them get back on their feet.
- ComEd Bill Payment Assistance Program. A one-time bill assistance credit of up to $500 is available this year for income eligible households with a past-due balance. Learn more about eligibility requirements and how to apply at ComEd.com/BillAssistance.
- Flexible, Extended Payment Arrangements. For a limited time, residential customers may be eligible for a flexible payment arrangement with a down payment on the past-due amount and the accumulated balance spread over up to 18 months. Those facing financial hardship and income eligible households may be eligible for a flexible payment arrangement that spreads past-due balances over a period of up to 24 months with no down payment.
Get complete details now!
1-800-EDISON 1 (1-800-334-7661)
- State and Federal Financial Energy Assistance. Qualifying income eligible households may also benefit from Illinois’ Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP) and the federal Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), both of which provide valuable financial assistance to help pay energy bills.
Contact your local action agency today at HelpIllinoisFamilies.com
877-411-WARM | Text Telephone (TTY) is available at 800-785-6055