Beach Park is located in the Chicago Metro area within Lake County on the shores of Lake Michigan between Chicago and Milwaukee. We are a business-friendly community actively seeking retail development to serve the needs of residents and visitors. A wide range of retail businesses is needed to serve this rapidly growing area. Beach Park is home to Waukegan Regional Airport and Illinois Beach State Park.
Access to Customers
- 3,680 businesses and over 39,400 employees
- Over 129,700 residents, including 44,212 households
Professional service firms, health care, manufacturing and logistics businesses
- 1.5% annualized growth projected through 2010
- Located in fast-growing Northeastern Lake County on Lake Michigan
- Over $527 million in retail demand potential - current supply is only $319 million (within 3 miles) -- retail sales leakage of $208 million per year
- Young and mobile primary and secondary trade area residents
- Strongest retail demand for full-service restaurants, sporting goods, home furnishings and building supplies -- currently going elsewhere!
- Competitive lease rates and wide array of development-ready sites
- No municipal real estate taxes
Fantastic Retail Location
- Larger household size
- Young and family-oriented
- Industrious urban fringe, cozy & comfortable and Main Street USA (Top 3 Tapestry profiles)
- Average household net worth of $512,958
- Average home value of $213,212
- Average household income exceeds $70,400 per year
- Median age of 32.3
- Over 3600 businesses
- Total retail trade and food & drink demand exceeds supply by over $207 million a year
New and Exciting Business Districts
- Green Bay Road Business District
- Sheridan Road Business District
- Sheridan Road TIF District
In Beautiful Lake County
- Lake County was awarded a AAA rating from Standard & Poors. Only 40 counties out of 3000 in the US received that rating. In this exclusive group, Lake County placed 9th!
- Our County Forest Preserve has acquired an additional 4500 acres of open space since 2000 for residential use, allowing future residents a guarantee of recreational land without worry of over-development of our beautiful resources.
- Lake County's pro-business attitude assures good communication, support and action between the county and local municipalities.